Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lipo Cocktail???

So this morning I was on my way to work and tuned in to 104.1 by chance. Usually I listen to 95.7 on my way to school to get me pumped up for the day ahead... but they were being boring so I switched over. As I tuned in I heard this girl talking about how she wanted to get lipo asap because she could not stand to be seen in a bikini in front of her fiance's family. As I listened more I noted the desperation in her voice, the helplessness. I felt so bad for someone I don't even know. I wanted to call up and say "You are not hopeless! You are not a fat ass!," but I don't really want to be on the radio, so I didn't. But I could not help but think about my own, and probably some of your, situations while I drove.

So often we have problems (weight, money, relationships, career, etc.) that we are so desperate about, so hopeless about, that we do not know where to begin to solve the issue or tackle the problem that is blocking us from our goal. But it IS possible. I have learned over the last few years, but namely, the last month or so as I have embarked on a healthier lifestyle, that the change you want to see is completely up to YOU. So, yeah that sucks, there are no cop outs, there are no excuses, there is no one else to blame your crap on than you, but it feels really good when you take charge of your own future and goals.

In relationships if you are not being treated correctly and with love and admiration from your partner and YOU stick around~ that is on YOU. Not on the other person. I married my husband because he treasures who I am- on my best day as well as my worst. He also thinks of me before he thinks of himself and I do the same for him. THAT is a mutual relationship. Not one where you are constantly chasing the other person or wishing he did this or treated you like that. But again, YOU are the only one to blame if you do not seek the true happiness you deserve.

I have found that the same standards I set for myself in relationships are the ones I am now setting for myself in health and wellness as well. I would not put up with being treated shitty, so why would I put shitty things in my body? It wouldn't make sense.

So in a world of excuses, blaming others and apathy let's take a stand to control our own destiny. We may really like how it turns out.....

xoxo,

Kelley :)

No comments:

Post a Comment