Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Would you like some extra WHINE with that cheese???




On the right.....

So this was me.... just about 3 years ago. Extremely fit and completely underwhelmed professionally and personally. Yes, I had my workouts down and my hot body, but inside I was unfulfilled. I was in a job I didn't love and in and out of relationships that I knew were going nowhere. I also questioned my own morals, my values and my belief system. In short, I was kind of a shitty person. (not at all afraid to admit it)

On the left.....

Fast forward to the present~ wonderful career, loving and supportive family and and amazing new husband and life on the inside could not be better. Sometimes it feels in life like when you get one thing really really RIGHT other things go really really WRONG. Because of my wonderful career, extracurricular activities and my AMAZING new husband my workouts/watching what I eat/leading an active lifestyle had gone down the drain. I know we have all been there at one time or another in our lives~ you fall in love and things that used to be important to you just aren't anymore. You want to be with that person and have fun wine-filled dinners all the time- and there is nothing wrong with that I have learned- as long as your fitness and nutrition is in check with that fun too.

Now to some the picture to the left may not be a big deal~ she doesn't look so bad, right? But to me, someone who has always been extremely active in dance, sports, running, etc. it is. Not just because of how I look but because of how I FEEL. I don't feel like I have the energy I want to, the focus to make my body feel as healthy as my inside feels.

All of this seemed like such a daunting task a few weeks ago- someone who had never had to worry about weight, etc having to face the facts that dang it I was chunky. During the best time of my life leading up to my wedding the dark cloud that hovered was my changed body. I wanted to look the most beautiful I ever had for the day I married my best friend. Somehow it just did not happen and I was discouraged.

About 2 weeks ago I made the wonderful decision to meet with Ms. Kaci Coble, one of my old sorority sisters. Back in the day I would never think of having to see a nutritionist or someone who could motivate me and whip me back to my normal form. But I did need it. I needed to voice my concerns and fears to someone who understood because they had done what I wanted to do and a LOT more. Kaci showed me I could still LIVE my life without having to sacrifice the old body I wanted back. And watch out world...... cause that shell is coming back. :) Check her out at kacicoble.com Thanks Kaci.

xoxo,

Kelley


3 comments:

  1. Oh Bregster -- I still love you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I played the lets post skinny pictures and today pictures Id be in my bed for a week with a nervous breakdown!! And the sad part = I actually lost 15 lbs after breaking up with Chase so Im not even at my fattest!! Im committing to better eating habits too! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutritionists are the key! I've been going to one for a few years now and it will change your life.

    ReplyDelete