Friday, May 14, 2010

So Boring, Right???? Or Wrong?

So this weekend is my 28th birthday.. yeeshhhh. I still remember my 21st birthday where I was getting ready at the ZTA house for a party with 100 of my closest (?) friends, all fraternity and sorority girls from the University of Houston. When I look back on that day the realization that hits me like a ton of bricks is I have not spoken to probably over 3/4th of those people since the day I graduated. But at the time I was willing to push my family to the side to party with the people who "mattered" to me. And I am not saying that it is horrible to have done that, that I would have never been so selfish if I knew then what I knew now, because I know it was an experience I had to go through, had to live for myself, had to see the changes I needed to make for myself.

I am so content this birthday to have a small brunch at home surrounded by my family, my husband and my dogs... because when you get down to it there are few people in the world who will ever take better care of you. Few people that will ever care as much as they do about your successes, your struggles, your anxieties, your triumphs and everything in between.

Yeah, I might be "boring" now and no a jaegar bomb may never pass these lips on the big bday... but gosh.... boring has never felt better.

have a great weekend,

Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! It's also comforting to have those memories and to be able to look back at all the fun you had when you were younger.

    ReplyDelete