Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our Kind Of Love


So the last week and a half has been interesting to say the least. I feel like the end of am amazing year has closed- finishing a great year as a provisional in the Junior League, an AMAZING first year as a 3rd grade teacher and of course, getting married to the love of my life. It is so often that we take for granted special people in our life.. even when we do not realize we do that.

I, for one, have taken for granted all of my close friends. Yes, they may be very few, but they are oh so special. It is even more clear how special they are when you see "friends" that just aren't. I have often tried to believe that some of my acquaintances were friends and only later on in my adult life have I come to the sad realization that it takes more than hanging out, participating in weddings and drinking wine to be a true FRIEND and not the former. I treasure the friendships that I have, mainly the amazing foundation of friendship that I have with my husband. He is amazing. Yes- we fight like any other couple. He leaves his clothes all over the floor. I nag him to fix things in our house. We argue over the dogs, over dinner, over how much my pedicures cost. :) But at the end of the day, my husband is there. He relishes in my accomplishments and after the amazing year I had teaching he was the first one to tell me how proud he was I had found my true calling in life. He is down when I am sad and mad at the acquaintances that turn
my otherwise very positive outlook into gloom & doom.

I strive to do a better job of appreciating what is right in front of my face. I may not be part of everyone's "in" crowd or even well-liked by everyone.. but at the end of the day what do I care what you say about me or if you are jealous or spiteful? The best revenge of all is to have the most amazing support system in my family, my close friends, my dogs and my wonderful, too-good-to-be-true husband.

Treasure those people in your life that make you feel good about being YOU- they are often few and far between.

xoxo,

Kelley

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I didnt know you were a teacher! haha! I teach 3rd grade too!

    The shower for Jaime was awesome! Thanks for being such a wonderful hostess! I hope we can get together again-- it was fun!

    happy summer!

    ReplyDelete