Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July Weekend Recap

This post is a doozy.. we had so much fun stuff going on this weekend! Friday night J and I joined Jaime & Craig at PF Changs for Jaime's birthday dinner. It had been raining cats and dogs all day so we were worried about getting flooded out, but we made it! We had a great meal, great conversation, great time. They are truly wonderful friends.

Pretty pregnant birthday girl with Craig :)
Jaime and I outside (see the humidity!)

Saturday morning came around and one of my most anticipated events- DockDogs in Discovery Green Park. For those of you who have never heard of it the dogs compete to see which one can jump the farthest into a pool of water. It was so cool and a really intense competition!

This poor guy did not want to go in at all!!!

Look at the owner... "No seriously, dude... JUMP!" lol.


Judges trying to get the right measurements....

After that intense competition Mom and I made our way to the Grove for lunch. I LOVE that restaurant.. it is so neat looking and makes me calm every time I go there. We had some fabulous salads and of course some wine. :)


Very cool bar at the Grove

Mom & I :)

Mom and I hung out downtown for a while and just chatted. Then our lovely day was slightly ruined because of 2 big, fat, ugly PARKING TICKETS on our windshields. That's right, the City of Houston got us both! Apparently you still have to pay the meter on the weekend and I got slapped with a $65 fee! Ouch!

SO, of course that evening to nurse my pain, the hubs and I made our way to the local mexican restaurant by our house. Yes, we are eating healthy, but let me tell you. Kaci taught me well- I always have one appetizer plate of chips with salsa, 1-2 fajitas with chicken and veggies (flour tortilla if they have it), and skinny margaritas. It was deelish and let's just say the hubs and I had a little too much fun that night that we paid for the next day. :) A great time though.



Sunday we woke up and cleaned around the house because Grandma was coming to stay with us for the next few days. Also we are going out of town on Thursday so I didn't want to leave the place a mess. We made our way down to my parent's house for their 4th of July celebration. It was so much fun to be around our family and all the dogs.

Bella likes margaritas for sure!!!
After her margarita she wanted a nap :)

Later that night we made our way to see fireworks. It was so neat to be with my mom and brother because usually we have been with friends the last few holidays.
In the car on the way to see fireworks :)


My handsome bro
Yes, we bought matching 4th of July shirts. Does that make us a little gay? Yes. Do I care? No.


We were all feeling pretty good at this point (wine/beer all day, wine at the fireworks) and we came home to play this game my brother and mom have been telling me about- ESPN Monopoly. It was a really stiff competition and came down to the hubs and I. Unfortunately for me, he was victorious (I still need to check video on this one).


While we played, the dogs looked like this....



After that really long day the hubs and I slept in late at grandma's house and then slowly made our way down to Galveston. It was nice to just be the two of us. We hung out at the beach, had lunch and later went to the H20 bar at the San Luis pool. If you have never been there- go.. it is so cool. It has a very lounge-esque feel, a full sushi bar, and fabulous drinks. We were pretty slow on any drinks due to our previous day, but we had a great time.



Now I get to spend time with this great lady at my house for a few days before we head to Cali!!!!

I don't think I will blog again until I come back from Cali next week so have a fabulous week/weekend!!!

xoxo,


Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment